Hair Maintenance /FAQS
MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL TEXTURES:
Co-Washing hair upon receipt before installation (Recommended)
Always brush out all knots before you wash your hair.
Lather shampoo between your hands in a downward motion.
DO NOT massage hair!
Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
Condition hair with a moisturizing conditioner to keep hair silky soft.
Deep condition if you color hair.
Apply conditioner from the tips to root, starting with the ends working your way up you scalp.
Scrunch hair gently to achieve wavy & curly looks.
Allow hair to air dry.
Never sleep with wet hair & Avoid using alcohol based products.
Use styling products minimally to avoid build up.
For Wavy & Curly hair use a spray bottle of water for natural look.
For a “WET” look, we suggest a leave in conditioner & water.
AVOID ALCOHOL BASED PRODUCTS TO AVOID DRYING OUT YOUR INVESTMENT!
Dampen hair with a water bottle.
Comb through (wide tooth comb) beginning at the ends and working your way up to your scalp.
Scrunch up hair gently to reform curls Let air dry
Style as desired.
Post Installation Maintenance
Once natural hair is cut from a donor’s head, it stops receiving much-needed nutriments that nourish and keeps the hair soft, shiny & tangle-free. It’s therefore vitally important to maintain and treat your natural hair extensions with the appropriate maintenance products that will restore/maintain its natural softness, silk and keep it tangle-free.
Proper maintenance care using the appropriate product range will ensure that your Rich Diamonds Hair keeps its shine and lasts for a long time. We recommend you use mild shampoos & conditioners; preferably sulfate-free and silicon free hair care products.
Frontal and Closure Maintenance
Our top closures and frontals are especially handmade and is fragile. Each hair is individually implanted into the base. Excessive tugging, brushing/combing, scratching with fingernails or foreign objects, applying product directly on the closure, rough handling, vigorous washing, etc. can cause your closure piece to bald. Just keep in mind that this is not your real scalp so it is extremely important to handle your closure piece with care. You can actually pull the hair out by being rough with your closure or with excessive tension and unfortunately, there is no way to fix this, but to replace it with a new one. So, take very good care of your closure and you will get a long life out of it as many women do!
CAN I COLOR THIS HAIR?
This is 100% virgin human hair that has not been processed is not processed in anyway.
You can color the hair, however once Rich Diamonds Hair is treated in any way, it is no longer virgin. Be sure to keep color treated hair conditioned and moisturized. We strongly recommend that you allow a licensed professional to color your Rich Diamonds Hair. Dyeing may lead to shortening the lifespan of your Rich Diamonds Hair and possibly cause damage if not done correctly.
HOW LONG DOES THIS HAIR LAST?
This hair can last for a long time, the better you take GOOD care of it the longer you can have it and reuse! Our clients generally use the hair for 3-5 years.
HOW MUCH HAIR WILL I NEED?
In order to achieve the full look, it is suggested that when styling you use:
- 3 bundles for 16″-18”
- 4 bundles for 20”-26”
- 5 bundles for 28” and above.
Each bundle weighs approximately 3.5 ounces.
The longer the hair, the shorter the weft.
WILL MY HAIR SHED?
Minimally, no hair is perfect (Any company who states this phrase, as sales pitch is not being honest.
Our company is an honest supplier). We have reinforced machine wefting, to minimize shedding to nearly none. You may see a few strands here or there, but nothing troubling. The most effective way to avoid shedding is by sealing the wefts.
• Does the hair appear natural?
Very! The wind could blow; someone could touch your hair, swim, sauna, and spa. It is incredible and the hair is as light as a feather, no one will even know you have hair extensions.
• Can I color this hair?
Yes, this is 100% virgin human hair that is not processed in any way. So you can color the hair, once virgin hair is treated in any way, it is no longer virgin, and therefore we recommend that you color or process your Brazilian hair by a professional.
•Is #613 Platinum Blonde Hair High Maintenance?
Yes, Anytime you bleach hair to #613 Platinum Blonde that hair will be fragile and easier to break off due to the hair bonds being broken. Platinum Blonde Hair will require daily hydrating of Argan Oil and Washed Weekly with some Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner.
• What type of hair care products should I use?
Treat this hair like your own hair. Use good quality shampoo and conditioning products. Conditioning your hair is very important to keep it soft and manageable. We recommend using a deep conditioner on your virgin hair once per week, but avoid using oil or heavy styling products.
• Do I have to do anything special in the morning?
We advise that you comb your hair every morning. Gently brush your hair from the ends towards your scalp. Starting from the ends keeps the pressure off the weft area and is a good way to maintain the longevity of the extensions.
• Do I have to do anything special at night?
You must NEVER sleep on wet hair. Sleeping on wet hair is known to matte hair that makes it very difficult to keep the hair the way you want. Just make sure your hair is completely dry before you go to sleep and you shouldn’t have anything to worry about. Rolling your hair in rods at night will maintain your curls and limit the amount of heat you have to use on your hair daily.
• Is there maintenance involved with the up keep of this hair?
Yes schedule your re-attachment service appointments every 3-6 weeks.
• Can I go swimming?
You may go swimming in pools and hot tubs. We recommend braiding your hair or pulling it up into a ponytail before swimming to keep your hair from tangling. It is best to wash your hair right after swimming. Add a spray in conditioner after swimming.
• How often can I wash my hair?
As often as you like.
• How long does the hair last?
This hair can last for a very long time depending on how you maintain it. Treat it like your own hair and take good care of it and it will last longer. Depending on maintenance, hair will last 3 to 5 years.
• Styling Tools: It's very important to use a wide tooth or paddle back brush using gentle strokes, when washing and or styling the hair. Small tooth and retail combs can snag the hair which can cause unwanted shedding.
• Before Going to Bed: Gently brush hair to remove all tangles. Braid your hair into a couple of big braids, wrap your hair, or tie your hair into a ponytail or bun. Sleeping in a satin scarf is also beneficial.
• Washing Your Hair: Keeping your hair extension clean is very important to making them last longer. Before washing your hair extensions: Brush your hair and remove all tangles and knots. Then wet a small portion of hair at the time and use a good detangling shampoo, and a rich moisturizer. Distribute shampoo and conditioner evenly throughout the hair. Always wash my hair going in a downward motion. Apply a deep moisturizing conditioner to your extensions. After washing and conditioning your hair, apply a good leave -in conditioning product, this always helps to keep your hair super soft and moist.
• Wavy & Curly Hair: If you have wavy or curly textured hair extensions and plan to wear the hair wavy or curly you need to apply a curl defining/curl control cream while the hair is wet. This way it will stop the hair from frizzing and lock in the wave or curl in the hair.
You can basically do anything with it; curl, color, brush, comb, and flat iron it to any style just like your natural hair. If you are not familiar with coloring hair please take you extensions to a professional colorist!!!